The Membership Application and RagaMuffin Breeder Questionnaire
RagaMuffin kitten pet owners get real value from becoming a member of The RagaMuffin Kitten Breeders Society, the RagaMuffin cat club that invites breeders, owners or anyone who just loves the RagaMuffin breed to be members. A newsletter, called The Scratching Post, filled with helpful information and updates about show news, feline health issues, RagaMuffin breeder information, RagaMuffin kittens for sale and fun RagaMuffin photo contests is just one of the benefits of membership. Members of TRKBS RagaMuffin cat club will receive a Membership Card and an invitation to join The Muffin Scoop, an online group of RagaMuffin breeders and RagaMuffin owners, who like to share stories and their RagaMuffin kitten photos. To apply for Membership, fill out the Membership Application by clicking on the .pdf TRKBS Membership Application below and follow the instructions on the form. Once your application is processed, you will have access to past issues of The RagaMuffin Scratching Post.
Established RagaMuffin Cat Breeders may also join The RagaMuffin Kitten Breeders Society, by completing the Membership Application and the Established Breeder Questionnaire that are set forth below. Established Breeders are RagaMuffin cat breeders that either belong to RAG as established RagaMuffin breeders or belong to the UKRMCS as established RagaMuffin breeders.
Procedure for Applying to the TRKBS Apprentice Breeder Program:
Print and complete/and or keep on file the TRKBS Membership Application and the TRKBS Apprentice Breeder Questionnaire.
1. TRKBS Membership Application
3. Established Breeder Questionnaire
4. TRKBS Code of Ethics
If an applicant has already acquired RagaMuffin breeding cats prior to applying to the TRKBS Apprentice Breeder Program, they must also furnish copies of the following documentation. (Applicants that are approved prior to acquiring RagaMuffin breeding cats must furnish this information as they acquire it.)
1. Registrations for all RagaMuffin breeding cats in at least one of the following registries: CFA, ACFA, CCA, CCC or GCCF.
2. Information regarding the breeder that will mentor the AB.
3. DNA tests for HCM-Ragdoll on all RagaMuffin breeding cats. If both the sire and dam, (or their predecessors) of a breeding cat were tested for HCM-Ragdoll, those tests may be submitted instead of a new test on the breeding cat in question.
4. Proof that the cattery is FELV/ FIV free. (i.e. copies of test results, signed letter from veterinarian, etc.)
5. Form of Sales Contract/Adoption Agreement (if the AB has sold or currently has RagaMuffin kittens for sale)
Once the Board of Directors has received all documents, it will conduct a review and vote accordingly.
TRKBS Apprentice Breeder Requirements
Apprentice Breeders must meet all of the following criteria before being granted Full Breeder Status:
1. Two (2) years as an apprentice working with a mentor that is a breeding member of TRKBS. (If applicant also belongs to another organization, the AB may apply their time served as an apprentice from the other group toward their TRKBS apprenticeship. However, a minimum of six (6) months must be served under an approved TRKBS mentor.)
2. Raise a minimum of three (3) litters of RagaMuffin kittens.
3. Pass a written test.
4. Exhibit a RagaMuffin cat at two (2) shows per year during the time served as an apprentice breeder. (If approved as an apprentice breeder before May 1, 2017, the show requirement will start on January 1, 2018.)